Ball Shear Test one of the most commonly performed Quality Control Tests performed on Semiconductor interconnects such as Wire Bonds and Solder Balls, which can be test sheared individually with a precisely manufactured tool that is accurately positioned above the surface of the Device Under Test (DUT).
The precision and position of the Ball Shear Tools critical to ensure accuracy, reliability and repeatability during Shear Testing. Mechanical properties such as shear force and displacement are measured throughout the test.
- Suitable for use in Die Shear Test Equipment from manufacturers such as Royce, Nordson DAGE, XYZ, Rhesca and more
- Available in a wide range of Carbide, HSS and Superalloy materials to suit your application
- Suitable for testing Ductile, Pad Lift, Ball Lift and Interfacial Break failure modes
- Application specific designs ensures test consistency by avoiding neighboring bumps
- Ball Shear Tools design thoroughly considers the test site’s geography to ensure the integrity of channels are not affected during testing
- Extended Tool Face designs allows for better test conditions
- Our custom designs are especially beneficial for small and micro geometry testing
Each and every material selected for use in our products go through a stringent Selection, Development and Assessment process. In-house developed compounds are developed with the latest innovations in material technology and feature formulations that are designed specially for use in the Semiconductor industry. For externally procured materials, each material goes through a rigorous Quality Assurance and Performance Assessment programme before being qualified for use in our products.
|Material Description||Hardness||ESD Surface Resistance (Ω)||Service Temperatures (Deg C)|
|Carbide, K15||HV30 1740||Conductive (< E2)||>800|
|Carbide, K30||HV30 1450 - 1570||Conductive (< E2)||>800|
|Carbide, M30||HV30 1570 - 1600||Conductive (< E2)||>800|
|Carbide K40||HV30 1315 - 1350||Conductive (< E2)||>800|
|Carbide, MG30||HV30 1350-1400||Conductive (< E2)||>800|
|Part Number||W (mm)||T (mm)|
If you are unable to find a size that fits your application from our catalog, get in touch with us and our Application Experts will provide you with a customized turnkey solution according to your die size, process and application.
Part Numbers And Ordering
- B – Ball Shear Tool
- D– Die Shear Tool
- W – Wire Pull Hook
- W – Carbide
4 digit code 0051 = 0.51mm