Needle Holders are a critical interface component between the machine and the rest of the components of a die ejection system. Typically, Needle Holders are used in combination with Ejector Needles and Pepper Pots.
The layout and design of the needle positions on the Needle Holder are of paramount importance to the implementation of a successful die or device ejection process and operation. The overall Needle Holder design concept will be largely dependent on the die or device attributes. Our years of accumulated experience in the design of Die Ejection systems allow us to provide you with highly productive and fuss free Needle Holders.
Oricus manufactures a wide range of Needle Holders and Pepper Pots to fit a wide range of machines from OEMs such as Datacon, ESEC, ASM, Canon Bestem, Hitachi/Fasford, MRSI and more. Needle Holders are available in Spring Loaded, Side Fastening, Press Fit or Adhesive configurations, fully customizable to your process requirements.
- Suitable for use in Die Bonders, Flip-Chip Die Sorters and Surface Mount Technology (SMT) machines.
- Available in various Stainless Steel and Aluminum grades that are suitable for Cleanroom environments.
- Needle holes made machined to exacting tolerances of perpendicularity, concentricity with minimum hole to hole offset
- A single Needle Holder can be designed and customized to fit a wide range of different die sizes
- Our Needle Holders Tool Shanks are manufactured to perfectly into your machine’s tool holders
- Plug-and-Play convenience of Ejector Needles into our Needle Holders
- Oricus’s Die Ejection Systems consisting of Needle Holders, Ejector Needles and Pepper Pots offer high yield, high productivity with minimum downtime
Each and every material selected for use in our products go through a stringent Selection, Development and Assessment process. In-house developed compounds are developed with the latest innovations in material technology and feature formulations that are designed specially for use in the Semiconductor industry. For externally procured materials, each material goes through a rigorous Quality Assurance and Performance Assessment programme before being qualified for use in our products.
|Material Group||Material Description||ESD Surface Resistance (Ω)||Service Temperatures (Deg C)|
|15-5 PH||HRB 99 - 104||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|17-4 PH||HRC 29 - 44||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|SUS 430F||HRB 85 - 92||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|SUS 420||HRB 92- 95||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|SUS 440C||HRB 97||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|SUS 316||HRB 79 - 95||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|SUS 301||HRB 85||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|SUS 304||HRB 80 - 92||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|SUS 303||HRB 83||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|HSS, HM33||HRC 65 - 68||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|HSS||HRC 65||Conductive (< E2)||>500|
|Part Number||X (mm)||X1 (mm)||Y (mm)||Y1 (mm)|
If you are unable to find a size that fits your application from our catalog, get in touch with us and our Application Experts will provide you with a customized turnkey solution according to your die size, process and application.
Part Numbers And Ordering
- N - Needle Holder
- P- Pepper Pot
- S - Needle Holder + Pepper Pot (Set)
- L - Stainless Steels
- S - Steels
- F - Non Ferrous
- E - Engineering Plastics
- P - Performance Engineering Plastics
- NS - Set Screw Fastening (Single Piece)
- NT - Set Screw Fastening Cap (used with adaptor)
- NF - Press Fit Cap
- AA - Needle Holder Adaptor Assy Set
- YN - Spring Loaded Assy Set
- YT - Adaptor and Set Screw Cap Assy Set (2 piece)
- YF - Adaptor and Press Fit Cap Assy Set (2 piece)
- YS - Needle Holder and Pepper Pot Full Assy
- AP - Alphasem
- AS - ASM
- CA - Canon Bestem
- DA - Datacon
- EE - ESEC
- EM - EMTEC
- HA - Hitachi
- MR - MRSI
- PA - Palomar
- SR - Shibaura
- SW - Shinkawa
- 01 - 999